Friday, February 11, 2011

Aminals/Wiwakuna

The biodiversity of the Amazon leaves me fascinated with the discovery of a different frog, butterfly or snake- but the creatures that occupy my time however are a bit more domesticated:


Dude. My community just considers him my man or child, whichever is funnier at the time. He´s been a true companion for me in his first year of life- Besides sleeping, his new hobby is retrieving sticks in the river. Many of you will meet him in a few months!
Dude post-neuter surgery:(

Misi (cat in kichwa). This wild kitten showed up behind my house as a `gift´from the kids that catnapped him from his mom. I had been gone for 4 days prior but when I found him, Dude had already become his surrogate guardian. I fed him with a dropper for about 2 weeks and then found him a cat-friendly home just before Christmas.

Chickens. 8 little chickens are plumping up in their new chicken house, in preparation for my going-away party in April. When I say `chiki-chiki-chiki´they garrulously perk up and skip inside because they know it´s meal time!

No comments: